World News
UK YouTuber Yung Filly facing retrial on allegations he raped young fan
Key Points
UK YouTuber Yung Filly facing retrial on allegations he raped young fan UK YouTuber and rapper Yung Filly will face a retrial on three counts of rape, after being acquitted three weeks ago of raping a young woman after a nightclub performance in Perth. After a trial spanning eight days, a jury found the entertainer, whose real name is Andres Barrientos, guilty of two counts of assaulting the woman in 2024. The 30-year-old was found not guilty of two other charges of assault, and three counts...
UK YouTuber Yung Filly facing retrial on allegations he raped young fan
UK YouTuber and rapper Yung Filly will face a retrial on three counts of rape, after being acquitted three weeks ago of raping a young woman after a nightclub performance in Perth.
After a trial spanning eight days, a jury found the entertainer, whose real name is Andres Barrientos, guilty of two counts of assaulting the woman in 2024.
The 30-year-old was found not guilty of two other charges of assault, and three counts of sexual penetration without consent.
But the jury could not reach verdicts on three further charges of sexual penetration, and it is those charges the prosecution is seeking to proceed to a retrial.
In court on Friday, prosecutor Danielle Clarke said the complainant was "more than willing to give evidence" in a retrial.
The alleged victim, who was 20 at the time, told the court during last month's trial she had consensual sex with Mr Barrientos after the club night at Bar 120 in Hillarys.
But she said the encounter at a hotel in Perth's CBD became non-consensual when the rapper did things to her she did not want to do.
Mr Barrientos testified he did not hit the woman or hold her by the throat, and while admitting to giving her "love bites", he believed the sexual acts were all consensual.
There was no discussion on whether the retrial would be before a judge or jury.
Mr Barrientos, who is on bail, will appear in court again next week.
He had nothing to say to media as he left the court building.
Sentencing on the two assault convictions would happen after the retrial, the court heard.